Our United Way is run by the people who live and work in this community.
United Way of Central New Mexico is one of 1,400 United Ways across America. But in each of those communities, as at our United Way, the organization is run by the people who live and work in that community. We are not a local chapter of a national organization.
We are a local organization, raising and distributing resources from the people of this community to the people of this community. Literally, thousands of people in central New Mexico are the volunteers who make UWCNM work.
Volunteers are vital to the success of United Way of Central New Mexico. We greatly value the work of community members who dedicate their time and abilities to making Central New Mexico a better place to live.
Below are some of the volunteer boards and committees that help United Way of Central New Mexico meet needs in our community.
- United Way Board of Directors
- Campaign Cabinet
- Finance Committee
- Public Policy Committee
- Community Service Group
- Tocqueville Society Council
- Tocqueville Society Committee
- Community Impact Council
- Legacy Giving Committee and Council
- Strategic Planning Committee
- Strategic Implementation Committee
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence Advisory Board
- Women in Philanthropy Leadership
- Hispano Philanthropic Society Leadership
- Young Leaders Society Leadership
- Media United Partners
- Grant Allocation Volunteers