Join the Fight and Give
Help every family and every child in our community have a stronger, brighter future.
Attendance and Engagement
Attendance, behavior, and course completion are the three big indicators of school success. The Mission: Graduate Attendance Team Support Group is made up of partners from local school districts, community organizations and interested community members. Our goal of increasing high school completion rates is dependent on decreasing absenteeism through:
- Supporting school-based attendance teams in tracking absences, partnering with the local community, and providing supports and resources to remove attendance obstacles. (Click here for links to resources for teams)
- Assisting schools as they implement the new Attendance for Success Act, which requires schools to move from a truancy-based system to a chronic absence system of monitoring all absences. (Click here for the Attendance for Success Act)
- Supporting schools as they develop a system of resources to support families and students; move away from punitive measures and toward conversations and relationship building; increase student engagement by digging deeper into the reasons behind absenteeism and working with students and families to eliminate barriers. (Click below for links to resources for families)
- Family Attendance Toolkit for Bernalillo County
- Family Attendance Toolkit for Sandoval County
- Family Attendance Toolkit for Valencia County
- Family Attendance Toolkit Spanish Version
For more info on Attendance, please contact Teri Wimborne at [email protected].
Be In the Know
Sign up for our emails and stay informed about how we work with partners and supporters like you to strengthen our community.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.