We are recruiting volunteers!
UWCNM is seeking community members willing to help review nonprofit program proposals and recommend grant awards. Each year, we work with nearly 100 local volunteers to get this important task done. Volunteers are assigned to Grant Panels, each dedicated to a different community issue. They review a number of written proposals, convene to watch agency presentations, and make funding recommendations.
We aim to support effective programs and promising initiatives that measurably improve lives in Bernalillo, Sandoval, Torrance and Valencia counties. UWCNM grant decisions are community-driven, so we need the help of volunteers from throughout the communities of central New Mexico.
Are you interested in volunteering?
What to expect if you volunteer (exact dates to be determined by late February):
- Volunteers may self-select into an approximately ten agency review (about 35 hours) OR an approximately five agency review (about 25 hours), depending on desired level of engagement
- Volunteers will be assigned to a Grant Panel with six or seven panel members, based on availability, interests, experience, etc.
- Volunteers will attend an orientation in early March (there will be several dates to choose from to accomodate schedules)
- Volunteers will review proposals on their own in mid- March
- Volunteers will attend agency presentations at UWCNM with co-panel members (one or two half-days depending on the selected level of engagement) in late March/early April
- Volunteers will convene with their co-panel members following the presentations to determine recommendations (these are due in mid-April)
If you are interested in this opportunity to help ensure that essential nonprofit programs are supported, please complete the following form: