Leave a Legacy
Set Your Philanthropic Goals
Join the Fight and Give
Help every family and every child in our community have a stronger, brighter future.
Your estate planning can leave a legacy that speaks far into the future about what you care about in your community. Including your philanthropic goals in your planning with your tax, legal and financial advisors and in conversations with United Way may empower a legacy beyond your expectations.
You can make a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime without impacting your cash flow, lifestyle or family security. With such approaches, you have flexibility to change beneficiaries if your family’s needs change during your lifetime.
- Bequests - Make United Way a beneficiary in your will or trust. Create a will today using the free planning tool FreeWill.com.
- IRA - Make United Way a beneficiary of your IRA or retirement plan: taking care of your goals for loved ones with other assets on which they won’t have to pay income taxes.
- Life Insurance - Add United Way as a beneficiary of your life insurance.
- Life Insurance - Younger couples create powerful legacies by partnering with UWCNM to share (50/50) the cost of a life insurance policy.
- Charitable Gift Annuities - Increase cash flow from your assets, receive an immediate tax deduction for a portion of your gift, and support your philanthropic passion after your life.
For more information or questions, contact Larry Strickland, JD, CPA, Director of Donor Impact (505) 975-7556.
Be In the Know
Sign up for our emails and stay informed about how we work with partners and supporters like you to strengthen our community.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.